Events at Lakelands Golf & Country Club require membership participation. Our trial Dining Social Membership is the perfect beginning and is offered to all event inquiries. We offer personalized & customized planning for every event at the club. From vendor referrals to greeting your guests, our staff is dedicated to you. With this Membership you can enjoy a great meal in our casual mixed grill, formal dining room or on our patio, attend our theme and holiday parties as well as utilize our facilities for your social and corporate events!
Various banquet rooms at LG&CC can accommodate events ranging from 10-300. In order to maximize space, LG&CC cannot guarantee specific banquet rooms.
Deposits & Payments:
- A security deposit is required to guarantee all events. Wedding receptions & golf outings require a $1000 deposit to secure the date. All other functions are subject to a $500 deposit. Deposits are not applied to final balance but returned after event provided no damage was incurred.
- At ninety (90) days prior to the event, 50%of the anticipated total will be due for all wedding receptions & golf outings and will be deducted from the final balance. Payment accepted by check, money order or cash – no credit cards. Members may also charge events to their house account.
- ”Minimum Guaranteed Attendance” (the number of people expected to attend) must be provided ten (10) days prior to the event. At that time, the number can increase but not decrease. The final count must be accompanied by payment (check, money order or cash – no credit cards) for the food & beverage portion, additional services & tax & gratuity. If the actual number served exceeds the “Minimum Guaranteed Attendance” this amount will be added to the final billing. All other charges will be deducted from the deposit or billed to the host of the function, which must be paid within thirty (30) days of the event. Interest at 18% APR will begin after 30 days.
- Beverage Deposit is $15++ per person and is required ten (10) days prior to the event and is based on the “Minimum Guaranteed Attendance”. Beverage service final billing is based on actual consumption.
Room charges are based on the amount of space required.
- Full ballroom – $700
- Half ballroom – $400
- Fewer than 50 based on other services
Room charge reserves the room for a 6 hour event. Decoration & clean up time may exceed that limit. Room charges include the following services: room set-up, clean up, serving staff, china, silver & stemware, linen & skirting, table lamp with candle, cake cutting & dance floor.
Guests are limited to the room reserved by their member host. Other rooms & facilities are for the use of LG&CC members only. LG&CC reserves the right to substitute a comparable room for the function.
If your function is canceled for any reason the deposit will be refunded only if LG&CC is able to rebook the date with a comparable event. If canceling within 45 days of the event, client will owe all estimated charges to Lakelands Golf & Country Club.
- Michigan law requires that all food and beverage be supplied by LG&CC. However, a licensed bakery may bring in specialty cakes for wedding receptions.
- Menu selections with more than one entrée will be subject to a $1.00 (maximum of 3 choices) per person surcharge except buffets. Dietary substitutions and children’s meals are available if arranged for at the time the “Minimum Guaranteed Attendance” is submitted.
- Parties of fifteen or more are encouraged to arrange a set menu. Menu selections, approximate number of guests expected, equipment requests, room arrangements and all other details must be made thirty (30) days prior to the event.
- Lakelands Golf & Country Club is responsible for the quality and freshness of the food served to our guests. Due to current Health Code Regulations, all food served at LG&CC must be prepared by our culinary staff. Food may not be taken off premise once it is prepared and served.
- Michigan law requires that LG&CC supply all beverages. The law prohibits anyone from bringing in or removing alcoholic beverages from the LG&CC premises. All laws under the Michigan Liquor Control Act will be upheld & enforced.
- LG&CC reserves the right to refuse service of alcoholic beverages to anyone appearing intoxicated, and to close the bars at the discretion of management.
* All persons must be of legal drinking age with valid identification.
- Club policy prohibits shots & multiple liquor drinks such as Long Island Iced T ea, kamikaze, etc.
- The beverage portion of the bill will be based on what is actually consumed at the event. LG&CC will inventory product used and prepare a statement showing consumption, less the prepaid beverage deposit. The remaining portion due will be deducted from the security deposit. If the beverage deposit exceeds actual consumption, LG&CC will send a check for the overpayment five (5) days after the event, provided all payment is current.
- Valet parking is strongly recommended for certain events. The fee is $250 plus .50 per person. This fee is required ten (10) days prior with the Minimum Guaranteed Attendance. Parkers work for cash tips.
- Referrals to florists, entertainers, wedding cake bakers & special prop rentals are available on request. Arrangements for such services made by LG&CC on behalf of the patron are made on a best-effort basis. LG&CC will do its best to screen and coordinate such arrangements. However, LG&CC cannot be held responsible for circumstances beyond its control. Entertainers must finish their last set by Midnight and the facility must be vacated by 12:30am.
- A limited supply of audio and visual equipment may be available. Please inquire with management.
- Any personal property of patron or guests brought onto the premises and left therein, either prior to, during, or following the event, shall be the sole risk of the patron. LG&CC shall not be liable for any loss or damage to any such property for any reason.
- Prices quoted herein are subject to proportionate increases due to increases in cost of commodities, labor, taxes or currency values subsequent to the signing of this agreement. Patron agrees to pay such increases.
- All parties agree to reimburse LG&CC for damage to any LG&CC property caused by patron or guest. LG&CC reserves the right to withhold the deposit to pay for such damage.
If Lakelands Golf & Country Club is unable to perform its obligations under this agreement for any reason beyond its control, including but not limited to strikes, labor disputes, accidents, government requisitions, restriction or regulations on commodities, acts of war or God, weather related facility issues, such non-performance is excused and Lakelands will not be liable for consequential damages of any nature. If the space reserved is not available for any reason, Lakelands may substitute space of comparable quality which host agrees to accept.